- International orange is a colour used to set things (like the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco) apart from their surroundings.
- You can open a beer bottle with a napkin.
- British politician Peter Mandelson is gay. I thought ‘Mandy’ was an odd nickname but never thought much of it. By the time I moved back to the UK he had been out for two years and nobody thought it worth mentioning this non-issue.
- Chaz Bono (Sonny and Cher’s only child) is undergoing female-to-male gender transition. Again, I’m probably the last to know.
- Wesley Snipes is in Michael Jackson’s Bad video.
- In the UK there are more Greggs than McDonald’s, and twice as many Greggs as there are Starbucks.
- A sharon fruit is a persimmon that has been artificially ripened. No, I had no idea what a persimmon was either.
7 things I did not know last week
Posted in Uncategorized